Most of us become quite reflective at this time of year – and for me this year is no exception.
As the final hours of 2014 start winding down, I have found a different approach to the yearly tradition of writing down my goals and resolutions that I decided to try last year is making this time of looking back more of a pleasant experience. Back in 2013 I suggested the following: Let’s embrace the idea of self love, and by doing this we will only feed our body and mind with the best. Making these my resolutions…
- I will give up limiting beliefs, relationships and habits, even if doing so leaves me naked or vulnerable.
- I will ask for help,even if doing so makes me feel or look weak.
- I will dig to find out more about who I am, even if I don’t like what I find at first.
- I will embrace my true self, even if it’s hard.
- I will speak up and stand up for causes and beliefs that are important to me, even if I offend.
- I will pursue my dreams with passion and daring, even if I have to sacrifice personal safety or comfort.
- I will take risks in business and in life, even if I’m unsure and don’t have all the information.
AND I DID. This year I accomplished more than I ever thought possible for myself, my family and my clients.
So you won’t see me be scribbling the usual “This year, I will do this/that” My focus won’t be on how I can change this or how I won’t eat that. It won’t be on staying more organized or achieving new goals.
This year, my focus will be on letting go.
What will I be letting go of? Lot’s, I’m talking truckloads of “stuff”.
Emotional stuff, physical stuff, my ego stuff, control stuff and all the stuff that isn’t real but hops on our back and weighs us down (like the stories we make up about how scary life will be if we let go of all this stuff!)
- I will let go and attain a delicious freedom that can propel me into a world of adventure and magic.
- I will let go and, discover the wonder and clarity that come with living a simplified life.
- I will let go, and make space for shiny new opportunities that make my heart glow.
By letting go, I am telling the Universe: I AM NOT AFRAID….
And I am pretty sure the universe will answer back…“Okay Friend, it’s about time. Let’s live your life now!”
I am letting go. How about you?
What are you willing to let go of in 2015?
Can you have the courage to know that letting go makes you stronger than holding on?